I had a lot of resistance recording this episode, but I know that this community is filled with the most amazing human beings, and I feel grateful, despite how vulnerable it is, to share what's happening behind the scenes, to truly go there with you, because I know that I'm not alone in it. I’ve been navigating the complexities within the duality of reconnecting with my purpose and anchoring more deeply into my purpose while simultaneously navigating the deep grief and loss of my sweet, forever puppy dog, Penny. I’ve realized that our plans and expectations of ourselves are not always aligned with the highest good and to rise to the occasion of whatever lessons life presents.
Ironically, I went from one of the most amazing weeks of my life and career at the Academy of Breath's advanced practitioner training in Mexico, to the deeply painful experience of losing my Penny. The retreat in Mexico was a truly incredible and unforgettable experience, connecting with individuals I've supported for years and witnessing profound breakthroughs. This retreat allowed me to see the impact of my work and the magic that can happen when people come together in person. Coming home to a sick pup was truly heartbreaking, and losing her has reminded me of how precious life is, and to always live full out.
Join me on this episode as we explore the duality of passion and grief, the lessons learned, and the potential for growth that lies within embracing the challenges life throws our way. Together, we'll navigate the complexities of our personal and professional journeys, finding strength, purpose, and transformation. I hope that just seeing how I've navigated it, how I'm showing up for myself and my thought process behind the lessons and the trial and the error will give you an expanded perspective, and a different choice potentially to make as you navigate the ebbs and flows of your life as well. So thank you for being here with me. I love y'all so much.
“Grief teaches you so much, pain teaches you so much, and I hope that you really just let this land, because I don't want a single one of you to let life pass you by, or to have the regret of not being more present, or not celebrating the small things, or whatever it is that's happening right now in your life, there's something here for you.” - Ava Johanna
What I talk about:
- Letting go of our expectations to accept there’s a greater plan
- The awe inspiring, unforgettable experience I had at the retreat
- The intention behind my new offers for entrepreneurs, coaches and leaders
- Losing my sweet Penny
- Processing the grief of loss
- The message I’ve been receiving after Penny’s death
- Rising to the occasion of the lessons we’re learning
“Being on retreat in person with my people, having mirrors and reflections back of what I've created and how the work that we've done together has been able to create a ripple effect into their lives and what they create for their clients was honestly one of the greatest gifts that I've gotten this year.” - Ava Johanna
New episodes of the Alchemized Life Podcast are live every Tuesday!
Resources and Offers:
- In loving memory of Penny
- Check out the retreat highlights on Instagram
- Join the Space Holders Bootcamp August 7-18th
- Join the Group Magic Mini Mind starting August 2023
- Join the Waitlist for The Academy of Breath: Academyofbreath.org
- Join our self-study Foundations course for personal practice: Transform Your Life Through The Power Of Your Breath
- Follow me on Instagram: @avajohanna